The Service Technician performs semi‐skilled and skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of
heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. The Service Technician provides exceptional customer service
and educates customers regarding technical and investment decisions by providing multiple options and solutions
while making service calls in customer’s homes.
- Service, repair, and/or propose replacement of gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, electric
furnaces, packaged terminal units, ductless split systems, humidification and dehumidification equipment,
electronic air cleaners and air purification systems, residential control systems to include Evolution and
- Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly.
- Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly.
- Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues.
- Explain each service and repair performed to customers.
- Assess systems and assist the customer in making a buying decision through detailed education of current system needs as well as a thorough cost/benefit analysis of purchasing a new system.
- Accurately documents:
- Age and type of each system component on invoices.
- Services completed.
- Discussion with customer regarding current and/or future equipment/service requirements.
- Invoices and costs for service.
- Debrief service call with dispatch after each service call.
- Turn in all parts receipts, packing slips, contracts, and invoices daily.
- Wear floor savers while working in client homes.
- Inspection of area for cleanliness after job completion.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided One Hour apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL One Hour standards of performance and code of ethics.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Respecting the customer’s property.
- Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
- Assist in mentoring and training maintenance technicians.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the fundamental of operational functionality of residential heating, air conditioning, and
- ventilation equipment.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Must have appropriate trade tools.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- EPA Certification.
- Associate’s degree in related field.
- Extreme temperatures.
- Climbing, heavy lifting, loud noise, crawling, working in confined spaces, pushing/pulling, carrying
equipment, bending, turning, kneeling.
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb ladders and stairs.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC
- Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth
- Work assignments may be performed with or without reasonable accommodation to a known disability.